During matches, cricket fans are used to seeing their heroes wearing identical uniforms and focusing only on the game. A lot of supporters are itching to know the ins and outs of their beloved cricket players’ day-to-day lives.
What restaurants they frequent, where they go on vacation to unwind while betting on sports on Playinexch, what labels they wear, and where they take their nighttime rides in the big metropolis.
Their on-field achievements have gone down in history, but what about their personal lives? In this article, we’ll take a look at the houses, family, pets, automobiles, hobbies, and favorite resorts of seven well-known Indian cricket players.
Virat Kohli – The Making of a Champion
Virat Kohli, India’s cricket captain and a symbol of excellence, has a journey that began under the hot sun of a 1998 summer day in West Delhi. As a young and chubby boy of under ten, he joined over 250 kids at a cricket camp, catching the attention of coach Rajkumar Sharma.
Despite being the youngest among them, Virat’s grit and hard work soon set him apart. An excerpt from the book ‘Virat- The making of a champion’ beautifully captures this memory, detailing how the extraordinary efforts of a young boy laid the foundation stones for the modern-day icon.
Virat’s life off the field is just as fascinating:
- Residence: A lavish urban residence filled with modern amenities, reflecting his contemporary and ambitious personality.
- Family: Married to accomplished actress Anushka Sharma, blessed with a baby girl named Vamika on January 11, 2021.
- Car Collection: Sleek models including Audi, BMW, and Lamborghini, a reflection of his passion for automobiles.
- Hobbies: Adventure sports like rafting, following tennis and football, being a fan of Roger Federer and actor Aamir Khan.
- Style and Superstitions: Known as the most stylish batsman, popular for tattoos like the Scorpio zodiac and a Japanese Samurai warrior, and wears a kadah (bracelet) since 2012 for good luck.
- Philanthropy: Supports education and healthcare for underprivileged children through the Virat Kohli Foundation.
- Vacations: Often visits exotic destinations like the Swiss Alps with his wife Anushka.
Virat’s rise in cricket has been meteoric, characterized by relentless determination and a flair for flamboyant shots.
The captain’s life, encapsulated in these multifaceted aspects, reveals a man who is not just a cricketing legend but a role model who continues to inspire and captivate the nation.
MS Dhoni – The Ranch Lover
Known for his calm demeanor on the field, MS Dhoni’s life in Ranchi is a reflection of his love for simplicity. His farmhouse is a haven for his beloved dogs, and his garage hosts an impressive collection of bikes.
Dhoni’s hobbies like bike riding and his family outings with wife Sakshi and daughter Ziva show a caring, family-oriented side to this cricketing legend.
Mahi has a motorbike collection that would wow even the most jaded biker. The CSK captain has a wide variety of motorcycles, including the Confederate Hellcat X132, the Ducati 1098, the Harley Davidson Fatboy, and many more in the superbike and cruiser categories.
Dhoni is a co-owner together with Telugu superstar Akkineni Nagarjuna of the Mahi Racing Team. Their team competed in the FIM Supersport World Championship.
The 42-year-old’s greatest accomplishment is becoming a Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Territorial Army, a rank achieved by just one other Indian cricket captain, Kapil Dev, who also won the World Cup.
Captain Cool has played cricket in several countries and states, all throughout India. Dhoni is a polyglot, speaking six languages, whereas the average Indian can speak two.
He is also a big WWE fan, and like many others of his age, he considers Hulk Hogan to be the greatest of all time. Dhoni, like millions of other people throughout the globe, is a huge fan of Manchester United and hence thinks the city is colored red.
Yuvraj Singh – Triumph Over Trials
Yuvraj Singh, one of the most charismatic cricketers in Indian history, has led an inspiring life both on and off the field.
Married to Hazel Keech, also known as Gurbasant Kaur, a British−Mauritian film actress and model, their relationship blossomed into marriage on 30 November 2016. Together, they reside in a luxurious flat in Worli, Mumbai.
Yuvraj’s life and achievements can be summarized as follows:
- Residence: Luxurious ₹60 Crore flat in Worli, Mumbai, with properties worth ₹45 Crore spread across the country.
- Car Collection: Audi Q5, BMW 3 Series, Bentley Continental, worth ₹8 Crore.
- Business Venture: YWC Clothing, a fashion brand with positive responses in the Indian market.
- Awards: Man of the Tournament in Cricket World Cup 2011, Bharatiya Manavata Vikas Puraskar in 2018, and others.
- Net Worth: ₹250 crores, earned through cricket, brand endorsements with Microsoft, Pepsi, Reebok, and his autobiography.
- Hobbies: Tennis fan, U-14 Roller Skating Champion, acting in Punjabi movies, and voice work in animated films.
- Philanthropy: Founder of NGO YouWeCan, focused on treating cancer patients.
Beyond cricket, Yuvraj’s life is filled with versatile pursuits and a courageous battle against cancer that resonates with his sportsmanship and philanthropy.
His off-field life paints the portrait of a hero, not just in sports, but as an individual determined to make a positive impact on society. Whether wielding the bat or fighting life’s adversities, Yuvraj Singh continues to inspire millions across the globe, proving that true champions are made both on and off the field.
The lives of India’s top cricketers are a rich tapestry of off-field passion, opulence, family, and hobbies. These athletes who have achieved legendary status have lifestyles that are a perfect synthesis of the past and the present.